Since 1981, Political Research Associates (PRA) has produced investigative research and analysis on the U.S. Right to support social justice advocates and defend human rights. Our core issue areas span reproductive justice, LGBTQ rights, racial/immigrant justice, civil liberties, and economic justice.
Interested in joining our team as an intern?
PRA offers paid fall, spring, and summer internships at a rate of $17/hr. Internships are usually 150 hours total over the course of a semester or equivalent time period (10-12 weeks) and takes place at our office in Somerville, MA.
Please note: Our internship program will be remote for the Summer of 2021. Our office operates on East Coast time.
Application Information and Timeline:
- Summer 2021 internship: Internship posted in late February. Internship begins by June 1.
- Fall 2021 internship: Internship posted in early July. Internship begins by Oct 1.
- Spring 2022 internship: Internship posted in early October. Internship begins by Feb 1.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. You are encouraged to apply early for full consideration. PRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summer 2021 Internships - posted Feb 26, 2021
- We do not accept applications via email. Please apply via Bamboo.
- We accept applications from current students and recent graduates. We also welcome applications from those who have not pursued university education and are not planning on it. We will consider other candidates who are otherwise excellent fits.Candidates must have work authorization in the US to be considered for our internship. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
- Former candidates have been able to use our internship as part of the requirements for completing a degree. Our internships are 150 hours over the course of 10 weeks. If that is compatible with the requirements for your coursework, we are happy to talk with you further about possible course credit.
- Our offices are currently closed and the summer 2021 internship will be completely remote with the potential possibility of coming into the office if we reopen. We will consider candidates who are not local to the Boston area, as long as they have work authorization in the US and can work on an Eastern Time schedule.
Other questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.